marble eggs with this easy method…have fun creating…
- hard boiled or blown-out egsgspurchased egg dye kit (2 kits for more intense colors) or food coloring (about 20 drops)
- cooking oil (ok to use any kind)
In a coffee mug, drop 1-2 dye tablets from purchased kit (or food coloring), vinegar or water as directed on package directions. Add 1/2 cup room temperature water, then add a few drops to 1 tablespoon of oil.
Gently lower eggs in the cup. The longer you leave the eggs in the dye, the darker the colors will be. Once the egg reaches the desired color, remove the egg from the cup with a spoon and wipe with a paper towel.
Use separate mugs for each dye tablet. Experiment with creating multi-colored eggs. Example: color an egg green then add blue. You will get a 2 layered color.
If you want a few solid color eggs, color the eggs first without adding the oil.
- place an egg in a nest or on moss at each place setting, hand write the guests names on simple linen paper and place in the nest…lovely favor to take home
- place moss in an old ironstone dish with eggs
- make a cherry/apple blossom mini wreath, place a small nest with an egg in the center, sweet little centerpiece tucked beside a stack of Spring books
let your imagination and creativity go…ENJOY!